TITAN Cement Group further accelerates its sustainability efforts with ambitious ESG targets for 2025 and beyond
TITAN Cement Group, underscoring its enduring commitment to sustainability and value creation for all, released its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) targets for 2025 and beyond. The targets include an updated, more ambitious, CO2 reduction goal for 2030, aligned with the vision of the European Green Deal to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
TITAN has set 20 targets that focus on four pillars which are defined as material by its stakeholders, all underpinned by good governance, transparency, and business ethics:
- De-carbonization and digitalization, aiming to transform our business, focusing on resilience, innovation, and on building solutions to serve our customers more efficiently as we move towards a carbon-neutral, digital world
- Growth-enabling work environment, aiming to cultivate an inclusive culture with equal opportunities for all our people to grow professionally within a safe and healthy work environment
- Positive local impact, aiming to enable our business operations and our people worldwide to contribute to the prosperity of our local communities with respect to their social and environmental concerns
- Responsible sourcing, aiming to empower our business ecosystems to incorporate sustainability considerations in their business decisions and daily behaviors while using natural resources responsibly
Following are some highlights of the targets:
- New CO2 reduction target at -35% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels, embracing the vision of the European Green Deal to achieve climate neutrality by 2050. Reduction of emissions across the supply chain by increasing the use of alternative fuels, accelerating efforts in energy efficiency, developing low-carbon products, and adopting innovative technologies and solutions.
- Commitment to be among the global leaders in safety, with zero fatalities and an employee LTIFR performance among the three best in the cement sector.
- Emphasis on Diversity & Inclusion, employee training and wellbeing. Further promotion of equal opportunities and increase of female participation in leadership. Upskilling and reskilling for all employees and implementation of wellbeing initiatives in all countries.
- Increase of positive local impact with environmental, social and economic targets. Strong performance in air emissions. Quarry rehabilitation and diversity management plans. Community engagement plans aligned with stakeholder expectations and 2/3 of total spend directed to local suppliers and communities.
- Integration of circular economypractices for a more sustainable supply chain, ensuring that 70% of key suppliers meet TITAN ESG supplier standards. Emphasis on water conservation and recycling, energy efficiency, and diversion of waste from landfills.
Contributing to the SDGs:
All TITAN Cement Group ESG targets can be accessed at its website.